Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Seeing Red this Halloween



What a fun image to color! I had never done red hair before. I thought it would work well on this image and it was lots of fun to do! I went with a fun red/purple chalked background. I chose to keep the layout very simple since I wanted the image to be the focal point.

Supplies used on this project:
Image-Pick a Pumpkin, Ching Chou Kuik Sweet Pea Stamps
Papers-Neenah Smooth white card stock, black card stock, red glitter card stock, glossy black card stock
Copics
Skintones-yr0000, e000, e51
Eyes-bg05, b21, b23, 0
Hair-r35, r46, r59, 0
Hat/dress-w5, w7, w9, v15, v17, v09
Pumpkins-yr15, yr04, yr09, yg91, yg93
Kitty-w3, w5, r35, 0
Misc-red and purple chalks for background, Versamark pad for background, 3 red flat back gems (Hobby Lobby jewelry section)
Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Oh ! wow ! love her hairs ! fantastic colors !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I love the vivid colors. I love the colors with the black cardstock. Lisa, you are a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhhh she is gorgeous. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lisa. Love the hair and those colors. Such a lot of fussy cutting as well.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Lisa, I love the bright, bold colors.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card - perfect coloring, love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her red flowing hair is amazing!!!!! The colors are so vibrant and knock your socks off!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow really beautiful!!!! Flaming colors... very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa this is BEAUTIFUL!! THe colors are so VIVID!!! Love this!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coloring is just stunning. What a wonderful card for fall and halloween. I love the red and the glittery highlights. Wonderful work Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a really good job on this one. Did you colour the background with those pwdery chalks or did you mean chalk ink?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, WOW, Lisa this is stunning! I cannot stop looking at it! I want to make it bigger to study it!! Seriously WOW! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow - stunning background! I love it - so vibrant and eye catching

    ReplyDelete