Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breathtaking Summer Sunset


This is the first Elaine Cox image I've colored. I am really pleased with how she turned out. It just seems like a perfect "so long summer" card. I can't wait to try some of her other images!

Supplies used on this project:
Image-Elaine Cox "Dreamy Sand Castle"
Papers-Neenah smooth white card stock, DP unknown (ancient paper from my stash!), Stampin Up solid black and teal card stock
Copics-
Skintones-yr0000, e000, e21
Hair-w5, w7, w9, 0
Eyes-b21, b23, b000, b01
Water-b0000, bg01, bg02, b00
Sand-e41, e30, e31, 0
Tail-b60, b63, b66
Misc- Versamark stamp pad, yellow and orange chalks for sunset, fine line marker for eye lashes, Smooch "illuminate", Ranger Glossy Accents, 3 gold gems (Hobby Lobby jewelry section)

13 comments:

  1. as the cold weather is rolling in I am already longing for next Summer or maybe my vacation.... anyway this card conveys that feeling perfectly!!! It is just breathtaking!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is beautiful, your colors are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. how gorgeous is this? I love the colors and the softness of this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout on this card Lisa. I just love your combination of colors and they way you added make up on the mermaid beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Breathtaking is right! This is one gorgeous card!! :-)Traic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, breath taking is absolutely right. Simply stunning......I really have to scour the internet for a chalk tutorial. I absolutely love that sunset.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just amazing Lisa, colors are fantastic !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa this is STUNNING!!! I love how the whole card blends so perfectly together. The DP is a match to your coloring. I can tell you pick out your paper first.. right?? Beautiful work Lisa.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, this is sooooo precious, everything about it is perfect. I adore her eyes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Lisa! I knew when I saw the gorgeous coloring of her eyes it had to be you!!! Just fabulous and the sunset is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the colours and colouring. The background is brilliant. I also love her eyeshadow. A wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete