Monday, July 19, 2010

Checkbook Cover (a project I'm keeping!)




Sorry this is such a huge post, but I wanted to be sure you could see what I had going here. I am so excited about how this turned out! I have used a hand stamped checkbook cover for ages and needed a new one. I am in love with so many of the new Ching Chou Kuik images so I grabbed a couple I thought worked really well for this. I will share a link to the checkbook cover vendor I used, but please know there are others...this is just the one I found first.

Supplies used on this project:
Images-Autumn Harvest and The Silentness, Sweet Pea Stamps
Papers-white Couture card stock, DP Bo Bunny "Jazmyne", "Jazmyne Mist" and "Jazmyne Plush", pale plum and elegant eggplant Stampin Up card stock
Copics-
Skintones-yr0000, e000, e01, e21
Autumn Harvest (left image)
Hair-e99, e09, e29
Eyes-bg05, bg07, v000, v01
Dress-v01, v12, v15, v09, v17
Grapes/vine-y95, yg97, v09
Pumpkins-yg18, e07
Sunflowers-e33, e35, y08, y21
Outline shading-w1, w3, w5
The Silentness (right image)
Hair-y21, yr23, e34
Background-b21, v01
Flowers/greenery-g24, b23, rv19, v17
Eyes-b00, bg01, b05, b16
Misc-vinyl checkbook cover (link), purple Prima flowers, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Smooch "illuminate" (for wings) and "cherry chocolate" (for grapes), Stickles "crystal" for wings and dress, chalk for cheeks

12 comments:

  1. Oh WoW! Beautiful job on this! love the colors of the fairies and what you came up with:-)
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    From the time you sent me my first stamped pocket calendar I have been in love with this technique. I may have to give this one a try and make myself a new checkbook cover. After all who wouldn't want a Sweet Pea cover. Your's by the way is awe inspiring!!!! The papers with your lovely coloring all come together to create a one of a kind master piece!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, one word that pops into my mind is GORGEOUS! You did such a beautiful job on this. This is definately a master piece to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't want to part with this either! It is amazing!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, there is nothing I don't like about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW absolutely amazing. Love the crisp colours. If I had a checkbook I'd make one like this in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...amazing work and so creative. I love this idea and this may just be the gifts for the girlfriends this Christmas...Thanks for sharing all the details and show your work..you are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning..... hm, I have a couple of checkbook covers...

    Love how vibrant the colors and the papers are perfect. :-)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Lisa!! So vibrant and gorgeous!! I remember the first time I saw this done was on Randi's blog and I loved it!! I really love the colors and the DP you used!! And your colored them beautifully!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I commented on your gorgeous cover yesterday...where did my comment run off to I wonder?
    I love what you did Lisa. Makes me realize my cover is getting very worn and needs replacing....hmm.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning images for this. WOW.I would love to pull this out and show it to everyone I knew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, your coloring is wonderful

    ReplyDelete