Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tea Party!

Hello! As soon as I saw the Alice Sentiments I knew I wanted to play around with them to make background papers! For this card I first colored my main image Alice Mad Tea Party from Elaine Cox's Alice Series (sheet 2, plate 35). I then rubbed inks that matched the main colors in my image on a sheet of white cardstock. I randomly stamped the sentiments in Versamark ink, embossed in clear, then rubbed black ink all over. I really like the way the random colors appear, although I do wish I had spread the words out a bit more....

The Details:
Stamps: Alice Sentiments (Plate 37), Elaine Cox Alice Mad Tea Party (sheet 2, Plate 35) both from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Orchid Opulence (SU) Whisper White (SU), White for image (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black (SU), Misc Dew Drops Versamagic colors (sorry I forgot to write them down as I was working)
Copics:
Skin:R00,E00,E11,R20
Alice Hair: E50,E53,E55
Clothes:B91,B93,B95
Hatter Hair: YR00,YR04,YR07,YR09
Clothes: V15,V06,V09
Hare:W0,W1,W3,R00,YG03,YG25,YG17
Background:YG03,YG25,YG17,E44,E47,E49,RV23,RV25
Misc: Clear embossing powder (SU), Stardust Stickles


Have a magical day!
:-)Traci

10 comments:

  1. Traci, I love it, you did a fabulous job using Elaine's image. I love how you used the textx for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci... I bow to your greatness! You are amazing and I love to see what you create as you TRULY inspire me! Thanks so much for this gorgeous creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME!!! Ditto Dawn! I really love the way you used the text and the black. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cool technique! Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Tea party card. You are just a great. Thanks for sharing (and teaching me!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun card! tfs your tech, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to say to all of you DT big THANKS, and Happy Anniversary. I love all your cards, they are beautiful. I love you girls, and i like your blogs. See you at my bloger. Hugs. Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a lovely and colorful creation!!!!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore how you did your background Traci! Just so innovative!
    Love your card too.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously COOL Traci!! You always come up with such amazing and unique techniques!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete