Monday, April 19, 2010

Kitsune Fox Fairy - Plate #34

Hi everyone!

I don't know about you but do you have problems deciding which of these awesome stamps to ink up and color first? I know I do, all of the Sweet Pea Stamps are just awesome and so much fun to color. This time I grabbed Elaine Cox Kitsune Fox Fairy stamp from Plate #34.


Fox Fairy

My card size is rather large; 5 x 7 inches. I found a bargain of Neenah Solar White envelopes for 5x7 cards. I just have to get into the mind set of creating the cards at that size :-).

I've had this DSP paper pack from One Heart, One Mind called Wallstreet and really love simple, elegant design and thought that it would go well with this image. Since my card is relatively simple, it came together rather quickly. Image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Neenah Super Smooth card stock and then colored with Copics.

I've been itching to try watercolors but it's a lot more convenient to use Copics since I keep all my copics in a carry tote which allows me to take them with me. I thought I'd share some photos of how & where I generally tend to color:

This tote fits all my copics plus has side pockets for scissors, etc. It also has carrying handles which allows me to take it with me. When I sit on the couch to color, I use this little child stool which elevates the tote to the perfect height for me. I don't have to bend over and reach to grab the markers.

My Copic Coloring Set Up 3

Here is a picture of the lap pad I use. I love it because it has the paper clip on one end. An extra self healing cutting mat is always on the lap pad which allows me to trim images while watching TV. :-)

My Copic Coloring Set Up

Since my craft room is not anywhere close to the family room, this allows me to still spend time with the hubby, watch TV and color all at the same time. :-)

NOTE: I purchased the tote at Walmart in the craft department :-)

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to share your Sweet Pea Stamps creations with us!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card,love the layout and the colours.

    Grtzzz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Micki!!! Tell us first of all where did you get that case???? Secondly that card is absolutely beautiful! I tend to love the color combo you used.
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color scheme and your layout Micki. I also love your carry case,,,lol
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micki, I absolutely love it, very pretty and the color scheme is gorgeous. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag! where can one find that????
    Should I also say love your blog, coloring and all. Follow every day. Thanks Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Micki ,fab colour combo and lovely Dp,s.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki, I love the elegant look of your card! Beautiful coloring and paper choices! Thanks for showing us some of your creative process - that is always fun to see! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous! Just shows how versatile these stamps are as it looks fab on a large card!

    Wow, I am in awe at your pen collection!!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What amazing number of Copics! I am jealous. How many different blue ones are there? Great tote to keep them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable Micki! Gorgeous coloring and I love that beautiful aqua and brown! Very cool tote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card micki the colours look so good together, wow! you are organised with your tote bag and everything close to hand.
    Love Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete