Monday, February 1, 2010

Oriental flair

This Ching-Chou Kuik image has an 'oriental flavor' to it. You can find this image on Sweet Pea plate #21.
I thought this might be a good card to use a piece of specialty card stock that I have - it is that silver glossy piece with the ginkgo's that I mounted to the gray card. On top of that I attached a piece of background I had created using glossy card stock and alcohol inks. I used a 'ticket' corner punch on it and edged with a Marvy metallic marker. I stamped the image onto white card stock using India black ink and then painted with Twinkling H2O's. I punched the corners of this piece with a smaller 'ticket' punch and then edged with the same Marvy metallic marker. Then into my stash I went and pulled out the silver fan charm. Before attaching to the corner of the card with glue dots, I strung some black and silver fibers through it.
I have a friend who loves oriental themes; I may save this card for her.
Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. very nice, the colors are really soothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Chrissy. I love the fan charm and fibers you added, a perfect touch to a wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chrissy love the charm and I love the colors. Beautiful card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just stunning! I can't wait to get my stamps... I am stalking the mailman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Chrissy! Your alcohol ink created background really adds to the beauty of the image! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cardstock goes perfectly and I love the way you framed the image!

    ReplyDelete