Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting ready for 2010 birthdays

This Ching-Chou Kuik image from Sweet Pea plate #20 is perfect for birthday cards. And with 2010 here, I need to build up my stash of birthday cards!!! How about you?
I had created some background paper using watercolor mists that I created using pearl-ex, so I used a piece of it and stamped the image with black India ink. I trimmed the paper close to the image and edged it with gold Krylon pen. Then, I used glitter glue and 3-D Crystal Lacquer to add some interest to the image. I mounted this onto a piece of decorative card stock that was also edged with the gold Krylon pen, and I added a piece of decorative edging/ribbon to the bottom. I selected a blue card and punched decorative photo corners in the top of the card so that I could slip the mounted image into it.

After stamping the image with black India ink I painted it with Twinkling H2O's. I trimmed the piece close to the image and then used a decorative corner punch. After mounting it onto a slightly larger piece of metallic gold card stock I used the same decorative corner punch again. I had some backgrounds that I had created using alcohol inks that worked great with this color scheme, so I mounted the piece onto the background, used the corner punch, and then outlined with a gold Krylon pen. I attached the piece onto a bright pink card, tied multi-colored fibers around the spine, and added 3 gold star-shaped brads to the bottom of the card.
Who wouldn't love to get this card for their birthday??
This is a great image.... Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Chrissy, these are beautiful. I especially love what you did with the first one, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with the top card! How beautiful it is! I may just need to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background you created for the first one is amazing and just a perfect thing with this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissy, these are both so pretty! I espoecially love the first one! Gorgeous! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete