Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Altered Notebook by Chrissy

There are lots of great back to school items out there.... why not alter a few??
I took a 3x5" notebook and decided to alter the cover. I did unwind the wire from the notebook to make working on the cover easier.
First I cut a piece of glossy cardstock to fit the cover. I stamped a background image with Versamark, used a heat gun to dry, and applied 3 colors of alcohol ink using an alcohol ink applicator. I wanted to get some texture, or the look of water behind the mermaid.
Using permanent black ink, I stamped the mermaid in the center, the shells in the lower left corner, and 'attitude' at the top of the glossy cardstock piece.
Then I attached the glossy to the notebook cover using double sided tape. I punched holes through the cover using the existing holes as a guide. Then I rewound the wire through the entire notebook.
I did apply diamond glaze to the shells worn by the mermaid, but it is difficult to see in the photo.
Maybe some glitter would add a little pizazz to it!
I gathered a few different types of fibers and strung them through the wire binding, attaching the glass fish bead to the end of one of the fibers.
I used only 3 of the Sweet Pea images from plate #3. Go check it out, there are some great verses on that plate!

Materials and supplies used:
- a 3 x 5" spiral bound notebook
- a piece of glossy cardstock cut to fit cover of notebook
- background stamp
- alcohol inks and applicator
- Versamark
- black permanent ink
- various fibers
- glass fish bead
- double sided tape
- heat gun
- hole punch
- mermaid, shells, and 'attitude' stamp from plate #3
- Diamond Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment