Hallo,
I have been in a steampunk mood lately and 'Clara' is a great image for that - she is by Charmaine Flannery and is available as a rubber stamp or a digital image.
I colored her with Koh-I-Noor pencils and then coated her with a sepia clear coat and layered her to a metallic crackle paint layer.
I used the same metallic crackle paint on the edges of the box too and then added flowers, old ribbon - the green one died with green walnut distress spray, gears, a cool little light bulb and finally some pretty brass corners.
I used some old metallic colored drawer pulls for the feet on the box too :)
I found some cool papers from Tim Holtz to cover the box with too - do you see the part behind Clara with the goggles on it - goes well her with her goggles I thought :)
All for today - Take Care
Tera
Friday, March 28, 2014
Tera's Steampunk Clara - altered cigar box
Labels:
Charmaine Flannery,
Clara,
Steampunk,
Tera
I am about to adventure into the life of Retirement and am looking forward to significantly more time in the studio, playing with my Grandkids and traveling now and then with the hubby. I have spent 41 years as an RN - mostly in Critical Care. I picked up painting and more formal art again when my kids went from High School into college. I have always done some form of art, even in the busy years of Career, Mom, Military wife - mostly in the crafty forms(sewing, rubber stamping, its a long list...) Now I mainly paint with encaustic wax. Encaustic is an ancient art form from Greece and Egypt that uses beeswax, natural tree resin and pigments. Encaustic is painted while melted in thin layers and every layer is fused to those below with heat( I mostly use a torch). True to my 'normal' self I have 3 or 4 other hobbies that keep me busy too , and you will be seeing(and have been) those here too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This is fabulous! Great details!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sande xx
It's so pretty. I love all the details, and color combinations.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely creation. That image is just gorgeous. I love her orange hair. Cheers, Holley
ReplyDeleteWow! Now it's box to treasure forever. Beautiful job on it.
ReplyDeleteNat